POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ** Visual Basic ** : Re: ** Visual Basic ** Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ** Visual Basic **
From: Justin Rogers
Date: 8 Jul 1998 05:41:53
Message: <35a330d1.0@news.povray.org>
I have a Microsoft DevStudio Add-In that does POV-Ray...  Command
highlighting and all the bells and whistles associated with VC5, VInterdev,
and VJ++...

--
_____________________________________
Justin Rogers, CEO DigiTec Web Consultants
DreamChaser wrote in message <3599e609.0@news.povray.org>...
>Another thought.  Since POV files are just plain text files, you could
write
>your own editor.  save the file then load and render in POV, or call POV
>(ShellExecute()) with the proper command line switches.  True this is not
>what you (or I) would really want, but if your just learning VB then that
>might be the best route.
>
>DC :)
>
>p.s.  I've worked with VB for a long time and I've just changed over to
>Borlands C++ Builder.  If you are just learning programming, you might look
>into that.  BCB is based on the Delphi VCL (Visual Component Library) and
>has done to C++ windows programming what VB did for BASIC windows
>programming.
>
>p.s.s.  I've been playing with the idea of porting POV to BCB and made the
>UI in about 2~3 hours.  I'm looking for the POV source code to see how to
>merge the two.  Any thoughts about new UI options would be appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Justin Rogers.vcf.txt' (1 KB)